Apprenticeships – Get in, Get on, Go Further
What is an Apprenticeship?
- A great way to gain nationally recognised job-related qualifications
- Developing your professional skills
- Receiving on-going support from your employer, training provider or college
- Studying whilst in an existing role where your terms and conditions remain the same
- It is made up of a framework of qualifications, functional skills (literacy, numeracy and IT), assessments
What are the criteria for Apprenticeships?
Apprenticeships are available to new and existing employees, regardless of age, who meet the following criteria:
- Work 30 hours or more per week
- Have lived in the European Union for at least 3 years
- Are eligible to work in the UK
- Be employed in an appropriate job where the apprenticeship qualification will add significant benefit to their role
- Higher level qualifications may also be considered
**However, if you are interested and do not meet the above criteria then please get in touch to discuss your options**
Example of Apprenticeships we can offer at Papworth Hospital:
- Business Administration
- Clinical Healthcare **(MINIMUM AGE 18**)
- Customer Service
- Information Technology
- Laboratory and Science Technicians - more information will be available soon
- Pharmaceutical Science
- Team Leading
What are the levels of Apprenticeships equivalent to?:
- Intermediate Apprenticeship – Level 2 equivalent to five GCSEs A-C
- Advanced Apprenticeship – Level 3 equivalent to two A levels
- Higher Apprenticeship – Levels 4 & 5 equivalent to a Foundation Degree
**If you have not achieved level 2 or level 3 English and Maths this will be covered as part of your qualification **
How long will it take to complete?:
- Apprenticeships take between 12 - 24 months to complete and entry requirements vary depending on the level
- Some apprenticeships may require college attendance but most are delivered and assessed at Papworth.
Gaining an Apprenticeship will enable you to take your career as far as you want to go.
If you are interested in undertaking a NON CLINICAL apprenticeship, please call Nicola Taylor on 01480 364844 or email Nicola.taylor125@.nhs.net.
If you are interested in a CLINICAL HEALTHCARE apprenticeship, please call Rebecca Roberts on 01480 364892 or email Rebecca.email@example.com