Foundation Trust members
Papworth Hospital was awarded foundation trust status on 1 July 2004. Papworth has always been a patient-centred organisation and as an NHS Foundation Trust we strongly believe that greater public participation in the affairs of the hospital combined with the freedoms afforded to foundation trusts helps to deliver even better services to our patients and the communities that we serve.
Anyone over the age of 16 and resident in England or Wales is invited to join our membership. For more information about joining our Foundation Trust, please request an application form from the email@example.com team.
Members of our Foundation Trust have the opportunity to become more involved in the hospital. The level of your involvement is up to you - some members wish to simply be kept up to date about what is happening and some take a more active role by participating in committees. As a member you can:
- Vote for your representative on the Council of Governors
- Stand for election to the Council of Governors
- Receive regular information, for example the membership newsletter (only one per household)
- Be consulted, for example on how the provision of our services could be improved
- Be invited to member events, and the Annual Members' Meeting (attendance optional)
- Our membership is split into public constituencies that reflect Papworth’s regional and national catchment areas (Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Suffolk and Rest of England and Wales); and also our staff groupings (Doctors, Nurses, Allied Health Professionals, Scientific and Technical, Administrative, Clerical and Managers, Ancillary, Estates and Others)
Council of Governors
This membership community elects a Council of Governors made up of 18 members of the public and seven staff and they serve for three years who represent Foundation Trust Members. There are also seven representatives appointed from other key organisations. View the current Council of Governors. If you would like to contact a Governor or Director, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.